MIDTOWN OUT LOUD (OPEN MIC)
This November at Midtown Out Loud, we are celebrating Veterans Day…for the whole month!
Not only will SACRAMENTO VALLEY VETERANS be the MOL Charity of the Month…
But, a hand-selected number of MOL veterans...
** those who have served in the military, and/or
** those who performed at MOL when it first began in 2010/2011
...will be headlining the event!
For those interested in signing up to perform on the evening-of, have no fear! Open mic will follow the headliners that night.
Join us this November, and help us honor those who have come before us and those who have stood on the front lines!
Through you, MOL has…
- Donated turkeys and hams at Christmas to 60 homebound patients suffering from HIV and their families,
- Found homes for 10 kittens and puppies in our 'hood, and raised $850 for the Front Street Animal Shelter,
- Given clothing, canned food and toiletries to families without homes,
- Supported the families impacted by the Valley and Butte fires (and their pets!),
- Provided volunteer mentors and raised funds for a mentorship & arts program serving at-risk youth,
- Raised awareness about local and statewide issues – be it LGBTQ rights or economic and social justice,
- Bought art supplies for children in non-public schools,
- Raised funds for urban farming projects and our local bike trail,
- Donated a bike to an MOL performer who was in need of a two-wheeled mode of transportation.
It has long since gone beyond words and musical notes. It is what has made MOL a family, and it is what has made the event the largest, consistent open mic for spoken word and acoustics in the Capital since 2010.
I couldn’t be happier to be hosting MOL again in Sacramento, and I want to personally invite all of you to the mic.
- Expect great art.
- Expect great hugs.
- Expect great local brews, wine and cups of jo!
- Expect warmth, cheers up at the mic, forgiveness and encouragement.
- Expect to be wowed, empowered, inspired and loved.
Let’s raise a hearty pint together.
- Heather Anderson
Host, Midtown Out Loud